Thursday, July 9, 2015

Leave a Message Please

This is a new little blog for humorous and sanity purposes. My husband is somewhat (hugely) OCD. On occasion I doubt the "high functionality" of  some of the more mundane aspects of life and and since decided to share them in a new online diary I will lovingly refer to as Life with Al.

July 9
I call Al's cell and, of course he doesn't answer. You know, like most people when they see you've called, if they want to talk to you they will call you back. My husband requires the caller leave a message. I, however, am a busy woman. I am helping out at his Law Office, writing, marketing and networking full time and have 3 books due by the end of 2015.

I didn't leave a message.

Al: I saw that you called but didn't leave a message. I could come in to the office this afternoon. Are you sure my signature has to be notarized? That's unusual. If so, I can't notarized my own signature.

There are several issues I have with this text...

#1 Yes, it's true. I called and did not leave a message.

#2 Good, you should come in to the office. You need to sign these papers before a notary.

#3 Yes. I cannot think of a scenario I would tell you your signature has to be notarized if it didn't. I don't make the rules.

#4 True. You cannot notarize your own signature and as the only notary at home is you, you will need to leave the house.

Of course, on other occasions, when I've left a message this is the conversation:

Al: I saw that you called. What did you want?

Me: I left a message.

Al: I didn't have time to listen to it.

That's all for today's Life with Al.

No comments: