Friday, August 28, 2015

An "Awww" Moment

In case you been under a rock the last couple of days, you probably know I just released the long-awaited, The Price of Scorn - book iv: Cinderella's Evil Stepmother. This is the fourth book (please! Call me "Captain Obvious") of my Cinderella Series. It went live yesterday. Throughout the day, reviews were popping up on Amazon. At one point I read one out loud to Al. I could hardly finish reading it because I kind of started crying, it was so touching. I glanced up and he was looking at me. He was kind of crying too! Then he said, "See? You are a writer."

I almost started crying again.

Here are a few of the reviews:




So in my Life with Al, this was one of the good days.



Read ahead for an excerpt and buy links.
The Price of Scorn - book iv: Cinderella's Evil Stepmother
excerpt: “SO, WE’RE TO HAVE a new papa?” Pricilla stood on her tiptoes, surveying the array of items laid on out Hilda’s vanity. To a curious child it must resemble a market full of sweet meats for the taking.

Her glance moved from a sleeping Esmeralda on a pallet before the hearth to Pricilla. Hilda took a small jeweled box from Pricilla’s hands and set it back on the vanity out of reach.

“Where did on earth did you hear such a thing, ma chère?”

“From Cousin Dirk.” Her tiny fingers clasped a necklace laced with emeralds.

Hilda frowned at Pricilla’s reflection in the mirror. “What exactly did Cousin Dirk say?”

Her nose wrinkled as she studied the clasp. “That if you married him, he would be more a papa than Gustaf ever had been.” She gave up on the necklace, dropping it back on the vanity before latching onto the matching bracelet and slipping it onto her wrist.

“That’s certainly true enough,” Hilda muttered under her breath. Gustaf had been a menace. But instincts warned Dirk would be just as awful, in perhaps a different way. “But as things stand, I plan on marrying no one.”

Pricilla paused and turned large, worried blues eyes on her. “But where shall we live?”

“Here, of course,” Hilda told her. She lifted Pricilla’s wrist and surveyed the gap that would fit an additional wrist or two. “Very nice.”

“But I heard him say if you didn’t marry him, we should have to leave.” Tears shimmered into luminescent pools. “That we should have to live in the woods—in the dark.” Her tears spilled over. “I don’t wish to live in the woods, Maman. I-I don’t like the dark. Maman, you must marry him. S’il vous plaît, you must.”

Each panic-trilled word rose in hysteria, until Pricilla threw her arms about Hilda’s neck, sobs racking her small form.


Hilda squeezed her tightly, furious at Dirk’s nerve in saying such things to a child. Her child. 

Buy Links


No comments: